Yay! I cooked lambs! Our Tuesdays typically run pretty late in the kitchen assembling our little Crimps, but before I left for the evening I made the glaze and the hominy mixture for this meal from Bon Appétit,. I got home pretty tired but was so happy that I had to simply glaze the salmon and roast for 10 minutes in the oven. I reheated the hominy with a 1/3 cup of milk to give it a little bit more body and bam! dinner was served.
This took exactly 30 minutes to put together and was DELICIOUS. I served a little bit of fresh cilantro on top of the salmon to give the plate a little more pizazz. We loved this for its flavor, freshness and the unique blend of cumin, red wine vinegar, apricot jam, and chipotles on the glaze! Plus, according to the magazine, you get a good dose of Vitamin D through the salmon – winning. And with that, I might have just killing “winning”…good.
Roast Salmon with Sweet Chipotle Glaze and Hominy Puree
- 2 servings
- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- Recipe by Selma Brown Morrow
- Bon Appétit, April 2011
- 3 chipotle chiles (about) from canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam or preserves
- 1 1/4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 2 6- to 7-ounce salmon fillets with skin (scant 1 inch thick)
- 1 15-ounce can hominy, drained, juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Using back of spoon, press enough chipotles through fine sieve into small bowl to measure 2 teaspoons puree. Mix puree, jam, vinegar, and cumin in bowl; season glaze to taste with salt.
- Coat small rimmed baking sheet with nonstick spray. Arrange salmon on sheet; sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Spread half of glaze over each fillet. Roast until just opaque in center, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree hominy and 3 tablespoons reserved juice in mini processor until almost smooth. Transfer to small skillet. Add butter and cilantro. Stir over medium heat until warmed through, mixing in more reserved juice by teaspoonfuls if too thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide hominy between 2 plates, top with salmon, and serve.
Read More http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/2011/04/roast_salmon_with_sweet_chipotle_glaze_and_hominy_puree#ixzz1I7VOhPjf